Aluminum + Surgical Stainless Steel Jewelry
- BOND Hardware does not use nickel, copper, or brass — unlike most costume jewelry.
- This means BOND Hardware pieces do not turn your skin green with oxidation residue.
- BOND Hardware pieces are also rust + tarnish free.
- BOND Hardware does not use plated metals. Pieces maintain their original color forever.
- BOND Hardware uses super-light Aluminum 6061 which is 1/3rd the weight of Nickel-Free Sterling Silver.
- Aluminum 6061 is hypoallergenic — making it 100% safe + perfect for people with allergies + sensitivity to base metals like nickel, copper, and brass.
- Aluminum 6061 is rust + tarnish free.
- Surgical Stainless Steel earring posts are used on Aluminum pieces for all skin piercing elements.
- BOND Hardware’s Aluminum 6061 is made mostly from recycled material.
- This makes it good for the environment + lowers production expenses.
- Surgical Stainless Steel:
- BOND Hardware uses Medical Grade Metals, safe for people with allergies + sensitivities to base metals like nickel, copper, and brass.
- Specifically: Surgical Stainless Steel Type 316L, which is nickel-free + contains 2-3% molybdenum for even more corrosion resistance.
- Bond Hardware’s Surgical Stainless Steel pieces are corrosion-resistant + unplated.
- Because of that pieces will not fade or chip over time.
- BOND Hardware Surgical Stainless Steel pieces are rust, oxidation, + tarnish free.
Fine jewelry: Nickel-Free Sterling Silver is Firestain Free, Responsible Silver
- Nickel-Free Sterling Silver:
- Nickel-Free Sterling Silver is 100% hypoallergenic + safe for your skin, leaving no discoloration (even if you have sensitive skin or can typically only wear gold).
- Nickel-Free Sterling Silver does not firestain, eliminating the toxic chemical firestain removal process from our production process. This makes Nickel-Free Sterling Silver safer than traditional sterling silver for your body, the environment + the manufacturer.
- BOND’s silver pieces are solid silver, and are never plated.
- BOND’s silver requires little to no polishing. For more information, read Product Care.
- Responsible silver does not contain toxic chemicals that can be transferred from the metal into your skin.
- Responsible silver means no toxic waste is dumped into the environment.
- Responsible silver guarantees the traceability of its raw silver.
- Responsible silver is produced using only recycled silver.
- Jewelry is designed in Brooklyn, prototypes are printed in Long Island City.
- Plastics + metals are printed by machine, then polished by hand.
- 3D Printing allows for more efficient prototyping- less material used, less waste created.
- A more environmentally friendly process than other prototyping techniques.
5 Axis CNC Water Jet Cutting
- Water Jet Cutting does not use extreme heat,saving energy.
- Eliminating extreme heat also means there is no change to materials’ chemical structure.
- Water Jet Cutting produces a smoother, more sophisticated finish to freshly cut metals.
- Water Jet Cutting saves on raw materials, lowering production costs.
- Because Water Jet Cutting is free of extreme heat and hazardous gases, it is an environmentally friendly process.
Manual Finishing Techniques
- BOND Hardware only uses stones that are hand-cut, in your choice of man-made or ethically sourced options.
- All stones + diamonds are hand-set into metals.
- All pieces are polished + finished by hand.
- All earring posts are soldered by hand.
- All labor + finishing is done by hand in New York City.
Cast + Mold
- BOND Hardware uses traditional handmade silicone mold methods. All molds are made in nyc.
- BOND Hardware uses the traditional “lost-wax” casting method.
- Lost-wax casting is the process of casting metal sculptures using a mold made from an original wax model.
- Pieces are finished by hand.
- All labor + finishing done by hand in New York City.